How Important are ‘The First 90 Days’?
Does your company rely on your ability to find – and keep – employees?
Are you plagued with constant turnover?
• Do you struggle with EFFECTIVE HIRING STRATEGIES?
• Do you have a never-ending revolving door with new hires?
• Is your job posting compelling? Are you reaching the RIGHT PEOPLE?
• Can you effectively interview & screen for those folks who will add value to your organization?
• Are the people you’re hiring even qualified for the role?
• Uncertain what an ’ON-BOARDING’ PROGRAM even is & why it’s important?
• Worried that completing the ‘paperwork’ may not be enough? What are you missing?
• Don’t know where to invest time to retain the people worth investing in?
• Frustrated that you are hiring people and they ‘just don’t get it’ or they don’t fit with the team?
• Tired of inconsistent way to standardize and simplify the entire process?
• Are you worried your MANAGERS don’t know how to MANAGE?
• Frustrated they aren’t effective at transferring their skills to the people they are training?
• Know you should help the Trainers, but don’t know what helps looks like?
• Worried you will invest time and money on people who aren’t really qualified to be Trainers?
Turnover Cost as Percentage of Annual Salary:
Position Type and Average Replacement Cost
- Entry-level/non-skilled - 30-50% of employee’s annual salary
- Service/production - 40-70% of employee’s annual salary
- Clerical/administrative - 50-80% of employee’s annual salary
- Skilled hourly - 75-100% of employee’s annual salary
- Professional - 75-125% of employee’s annual salary
- Technical - 100-150% of employee’s annual salary
- Supervisor - 100-150% of employee’s annual salary
*Cost is shown as a percentage of employee’s annual salary
**G&A Partners, 2016
• Screen to qualify/disqualify candidates BEFORE you invest time and money into the interview process
• Learn how to interview – what are the best questions, how can you probe for culture fit?
• Do your job postings reflect the role, the responsibilities, and expectations?
• Retain the employees worth hiring by:
• Having set job descriptions & measures of success
• Setting clear expectations
• Having Accountability processes in-place
• Matching a new hire with a Manager who can effectively Train & Develop
• Make 1st Day in-take turn-key by having a company checklist and standard process/procedures that are followed the same way by every new hire
• Understanding Your People
• Communication Skills
• Leadership Roles
• Setting Expectations
• Goal Setting
• Effective Training
• Conflict Management
• Maximizing Personal Performance
The #1 Reason people leave is their manager, #3 is the relationship with co-workers.